Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Learning....

I was reading a climbing website recently (it might have been Black Diamonds) in which a series on sponsored climbers were asked twenty questions including inspirations. Which got me thinking....

....and at the moment I think my biggest inspiration is my 8 month old daughter Suzanna. At her age everything is new, fascinating and exciting. For her life is a tremendous quest for experience, a 100% involvement in every fresh challenge. It's a good lesson for an old giffer like me, who can easily become a little jaded by the effort needed to embrace further adventures. I've tried to return some of that "new eyes" approach to my climbing recently. Andy Turner took the photo below of me swinging around above the 350m drop of West Central Gully and I like to think it captures a bit of that eager desire to see what's new and exciting around the next corner that Suzanna expresses every day.
Photo by Andy Turner

No comments: