Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Little miracles

I managed yesterday to finish off the photos for the Slate stomping ground and with the forecast having been set for showers it felt like a little miracle to get the shots. Of course it wasn't a miracle rather good luck. As was the fact we managed great light on first the Quarryman and then crucially the Rainbow Slab.
At the slab Mark ensured me plenty of "lob-shots" and gave the impression a lengthy siege was due. I was even a little worried that we might loose the light if Mark stalled and got the fear. It was a shock therefore to find myself running at full tilt swapping lenses as I rushed between viewpoints trying to keep up with Mark's stylish speed ascent. The real miracle of course is the Rainbow Slab itself, one of the most beautiful sweeps of rock in the UK.

7 comments:

Glyn Hudson said...

Very good shoots! You should see if there could be a space for them in the new slate guide by Ground Up. What route is this? Must be a new route, I cant find it in the old slate guide.

Glyn.

Ian Parnell said...

Don't worry Simon has the shots. The route is Released from Treatment which is the high level girdle of Rainbow Slab.

Glyn Hudson said...

Cheers. Looks nails!

markmcgowan01 said...

Great Shots of rainbow Slabs - awesome.

markmcgowan01 said...

Awesome photo

Mark Goodwin said...

Hlo Ian! Beautiful photo of The Rainbow! I've put a link to it in my introduction to a sound-enhanced poem set in the quarries: http://snd.sc/OTqTn9 (best through headphones, if you listen to it) I hope that's okay. cheerz!

Ian Parnell said...

Glad you liked it Mark, I'll done some headphones later ;-)